What a wonderful day i've had today!!! First, it's Rosebud's 5mth BD. Happy birthday punkie!!! She has changed soooooooo much since 5 months ago. I saw a 1 month old little boy today & he was still so tiny & grunty & squeaky! I remember when she was like that too..... sigh!
So anyway, second exciting thing....drumroll please........I GOT MY CAST OFF FOR GOOD!!!! YIPPEE!!!!!!! Dr J said everything looked & felt great! I still had some soreness & weakness in my wrist, but overall its healing perfectly! Boy am I glad to get that thing off! It was so HORRIBLY smelly & nasty!!! (I did have fun scraping all the dead skin off my hand & wrist though!) He had me fitted with a supportive brace that is removeable and basically said i only need to wear the brace when im messing with Rosebud or busy lifting or gripping small things. I can take it off at night & to wash my hands. I still have to take it easy with that arm for several more weeks just to make sure not to re-injure the Scaphoid bone in the wrist. So no lifting 5- pounds dumbells or feedsacks or haybales for a few more weeks! LOL!!!! ;o) The one down-side to today..... I had to get a cortisone injection in my left (I broke my right one) for the tendonitis that had gotten ALOT worse since being in the cast since i was compensating with that side since my right one was in the cast. So that really hurt, and still does right now & probably will for a few more days the Dr said, but then it should feel alot better.
Third thing exciting: I got to have the pleasure of my mother's company while going to the Dr today. So we went to lunch, Babies R Us, & Ross to do a little shopping after the Dr visit. I didnt fins any treasures at Ross, but i did find some goodies at Babies R Us! Rosebud got a sippee cup, a ladybug hairbrush, red ladybug pajamas with black polkadots & matching bib, & a bath mat that we can lay her on in the big bathtub to keep her head out & her body in the water. She LOVES her baths & we think its time to move her out of the little sink bathtub & into a regular bathtub since we are tired of cleaning up about a gallon of water splashed all over the kitchen counter after her baths each time.
Fourth thing exciting: Blake fixed dinner! It was a YUMMY taco salad!!! That is one thing that he definately can fix perfectly!! Thanks babe...it was delish!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment