Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Broke my wrist!

Well, July 3rd I was at the barn feeding horses & I got knocked down by Mister & broke my Scaphoid bone in my right wrist. (yes, im right handed!) Blake & my parents came to my rescue & took me to the ER. Three days later I had a huge "Munster" HOT PINK cast put on for 2 weeks. Boy was that thing hot & itchy!!! It came up slightly above my elbow. Holding Rosebud was really difficult with that thing on!!! But i had a lot of help from amazing friends & family!!! Thank you to everyone who was there for me!!! Y'all are such a blessing! Now i have a shorter, below the elbow, sky blue colored cast that i will wear for 5 weeks. When they take that one off I will have more xrays done to see how the bone is healing & depending on those results I may have to get another cast or a splint. Im praying for the splint!!!!

With my right hand out of commission I have learned to be somewhat left handed now. I think ive finally gotten used to doing the most difficult thing a right handed person would have to do left handed!!! (Lets just say it happens in the restroom after nature calls!) It was funny at first how i would be doing something with my left hand & try to be doing it the right handed way. Example: pouring milk out of the carton. I would pick it up with my left hand & start to pour it the same way as i normally did, only to discover that it doesnt work very well & i would have to turn it around. Just one of many examples.

But overall i'm coping just fine! Learning to adapt. Im just hoping & praying that I will recover quickly!!!

2 comments:

  1. I think you are doing great! I'm praying for the splint!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe it has been a month! I have been impressed with all you have been able to manage with one hand! Not much longer!

    ReplyDelete